Tuesday, January 18, 2011

W.O.M. Part 1 - Completed

I learned several things while I was in Texas with my bestie, the main thing being I need to get cracking on setting up that commune, little boys will have fun anywhere, and everything really is bigger in Texas.



Your spirit is bigger in Texas…


The kids are bigger in Texas…

Sometimes your hand is bigger in Texas…

Within 5 minutes of being in the same residence we were talking like we were 21 again, laughing at bad jokes, and unloading our troubles onto the table.  It was like no time had past since last we saw each other.  The difference was the loud noise coming from upstairs was from a gang of children and not unruly college girls.  We talked, laughed (a lot), cohabitated, and Melinda tried to kill me at the gym.  It was rejuvenating, cathartic, and relaxing.  It’s amazing how some people can be just the ‘shot in the arm’ that you need to put your nose to the grindstone and make some head way.   

The boys had fun learning, playing, and exploring together. They learned that even though they have different houses in different states they like the same toys, watch the same TV, and eat the same food. It was funny to hear their conversations on house rules, video game etiquette, and how one can be friends with both brothers. Although Cheetah couldn’t really get the hang of the ‘sleepover’ thing, I am sure Joe and Aaron can’t wait for his next visit.



Most importantly I was reminded of the place I hold in someone’s life, someone who is not a relative…someone who thoughtfully picked me to remain a fixture. I am so thankful for my family of friends and the village they provide for my family. I know that Cheetah enjoyed the camaraderie as well and is already planning his next trip to the Aquarium with his friends.



Looks like hearts grow bigger in Texas…

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so true ... so important to have those kind of people in our lives! so glad you and cheetah and the gang all had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and i LOVE your W.O.M....you are a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys! We had SUCH a good time and I can't wait for the next leg of my Mission!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Love Love!!!! Can't wait for my turn..Butterbean can be Cheetah's pretend sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Makes me miss my friends. :-(

    ReplyDelete