1. “Don’t change your major after your sophomore year in college”, I changed mine DURING, my sophomore year from Speech – Language Pathology and Audiology to Psychology. It was possibly the dumbest decision I ever made.
2. “Don’t get a degree in something that requires more school”. There is not a job in the world for someone with a BA in Psychology, trust me.
1. “Don’t pledge that club with the Skulls & Crossbones” – made some of the best friends of my life.
2. “Don’t drink too much while you are in Chicago” – a little over 8 months later I met my son.
3. “Don’t call Tarzan for help with Physics, you WILL fail.” Twelve years later and we are still together.
When given advice you really need to consider the source and always take it with a grain of salt. If you decide to not listen, be prepared to hear plenty “I told you so’s”. If the advice is given by your mother, heed MY advice and listen, she is ALWAYS right!