Friday, May 6, 2011

A little appreciation.

Lately we have been swamped, with Easter, my birthday, and now Mother's day!  Whew, I need a break.  I celebrated my birthday with a yummy '2 story' red velvet cake from my work, a fantastic boiled seafood feast, and an overnight visit from my folks! 




The highlight of this week has been teacher appreciation: Cheetah's school sent home a flyer with an example (for each day) of a happy for the teacher's, I took this as a challenge.  I decided that he could not just arrive to school with: a flower on Monday, chocolate on Tuesday, 'thank you' notes on Wednesday, fruit on Thursday, and a prepared item for the snack table on Friday.  I racked my brain and came up with some 'twists' to brighten their Appreciation week.



Monday: Flowers


Tuesday:  Chocolate (thanks a 'million')


Wednesday: Thank You "notes"

Thursday:  Fruit


Friday:  for the snack table


Also on Friday we have 'Muffins with Mom' and I have found that there really is no meal that compares to a dry packaged muffin, orange juice from a styrofoam cup, and the giddy smile from Cheetah.



I have a cousin, named Peter, who was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma and had a stem cell transplant this week.  Please keep Peter and his family in your thoughts and prayers.  He has a tricky road ahead and I know he would appreciate any extra prayers, as do I.

1 comment:

  1. as always, wonderful. love the twists you put on the teacher appreciation gifts. you are so coool!!!

    ReplyDelete