Friday, March 11, 2011

Greatest Hits: Volume I


I have officially contracted Spring Fever and I have decided to let nature run it’s course and try to sit back and enjoy.  Since music is an essential character in the play of my life I have been enjoying the ‘Greatest Hits: Volume I’ soundtrack.  As I am soaking up the vitamin D and ‘communing with nature’ I have been jamming to some of the best songs in the world and I felt that I needed to make this ‘Spring Fever’ an epidemic…so let me breathe on you so you can enjoy the illness.


And like all good albums, this one has more than 10 songs:
1. Brass In Pocket – The Pretenders

2. Never Gonna Happen – Lily Allen

3. Centerfold – J.Geils Band

4. Tell Me Something Good – Rufus and Chaka Khan

5. F*ck You – Cee Lo (Forget You – Clean version)

6. Walking to New Orleans – Fats Domino

7. I’m Gonna Be (500 miles) – The Proclaimers

8. Suspicious Minds – Elvis Presley

9. Always on My Mind – Willy Nelson

10. Beast of Burden – Rolling Stones

11. Meet in the Middle – Diamond Rio

12. Who’s Your Daddy – Blastman (RARE and hard to find)

13. A Sunday Kind of Love – Etta James

14. Kiss Me, I’m Sh*tfaced – Dropkick Murphy’s

15. Simple Man – Lynyrd Skynyrd

16. Cigarettes and Coffee – Otis Redding




Song 1 and 13 are the songs that describe me, songs 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 13, 15 and 16 are songs I have heard since I was a VERY young child; songs 4, 5, 12, and 14 are great feel good songs, the lyrics of song 2 and 14 make me laugh out loud; song 12 is an essential track from my college years; songs 11 and 15 have become to mean more to me as I have aged.  If you see something here you haven’t heard of, check it out on iTunes (Blastman can be found on Amazon.com), you’ll be glad you did.  What songs would be in your 'Greatest Hits; Volume I'?

1 comment: